January 2, 2011
by Christi Borden
If you were to ask anyone who knows me very well for a description… the following adjectives would not necessarily make the short list:
Patient, Methodical, Analytical, Calm or Organized. Sad, but there it is.
This does not mean that I cannot be these things when I really put my mind to it, but I have yet to master these traits. I have spent endless hours (okay, years) trying to develop systems to enhance my skills. In the end, I have managed to hire a fabulous staff… delegation is a wonderful thing.
However, as I spent ALL DAY today (and yesterday) cooking, I realized that cooking is a task that by its very own nature requires the exact traits that have so long escaped my grasp. Yet through it all, I absolutely LOVE to cook. I always have. Following the passion of my professional chef Grandfather… I derive sheer and utter joy from the planning, organizing, creation and completion processes involved. And each time I delve into a very complicated recipe or menu plan … I become someone different in the process. I am transformed into the gal I have always wanted to be.
So to anyone out there that might want to know me – Yes, I can be Patient, Methodical, Analytical, Calm and Organized…Well, at least while I am cooking.
What transforms you?
I would love for your comments and welcome you to subscribe to my blog … www.TheBordenReport.com .
June 12, 2009
I have recently announced my candidacy for HAR Director – Largest Firms Category. If you are a voting member of the Houston Association of Realtors and you have not already pledged your support, I would appreciate your consideration and your vote beginning July 10th.
I have been licensed since March of 2004 and working as a full time Prudential Gary Greene Realtor® in the Katy/West Houston office ever since. With my extensive background in real estate, both professionally and personally, a long history of volunteer leadership and charity organization, I am looking forward to increasing my involvement at HAR knowing that it is through volunteerism that our local, state and national associations meet the needs of our growing industry. I invite you to visit my web site www.ChristiBorden.com to learn more about my background and my business philosophy. Also visit me on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Education coursework and/or designations:
- TRLP – Texas Realtors® Leadership Program – 2008 Houston Inaugural Course
- Prudential Gary Greene – Leadership Academy 2006
- CIPS – Certified International Property Specialist
- GRI – Graduate Realtor® Institute
- ABR – Accredited Buyer’s Representative/NHS – New Homes Sales
- ALHS – Accredited Luxury Home Specialist
- CHMS – Certified Home Marketing Specialist
- TRC – Transnational Referral Certification
- MLS Advisory Group: 2009
- International Advisory Council: 2007, 2008, 2009
- TREPAC Advisory Group: 2009
- TAR Board of Directors: 2007, 2008, 2009
- International Advisory Council: 2008, 2009
- Faculty Assessment Committee: 2008, 2000
Professional and Community Involvement:
- WCR – Women’s Council of Realtors®
- FIABCI – International Federation of Real Estate
- BNI – Business Network International, President Cinco Ranch Chapter: 2009
- The Katy Sunshine Fest, Fundraiser for The Sunshine Kids Foundation – Chair: 2007, 2008, 2009
- Katy Chamber of Commerce: 2004 to Present
- Krause Center of Katy
- The Women’s Home Auxiliary Board of Directors
Past Professional Experience:
- Manager of Council Affairs – American Business Council of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Official Court Reporter – 15th Judicial District Court, Lafayette, LA: 1982 – 1993
- Thompson, Nance and Associates Freelance Court Reporters: Owner/Partner:
- Burns, Miller, Nance and Kennedy Freelance Court Reporters: Owner/Partner
I enjoy having the opportunity to positively affect our profession and to meet and learn from some of the brightest minds in our industry. I am so very proud of our Association and know that it is through the hard work and direct contributions from our members that the Houston Association of Realtors® is recognized as the industry leader. I am actively involved in several committees at both the Local and State level and promise to work very hard to represent you as your Director.